Understanding Aging in Daytona Beach, FL
As we age, our bodies tend to go through a series of changes. At Divine Laser & Anti-Aging MedSpa, we want you to know you’re not alone in how you feel. The expert team members at Divine Laser & Anti-Aging MedSpa are proud to offer a comprehensive guide so you can understand how your body ages. We are happy to serve patients in Ormond Beach, Daytona Beach, Palm Coast, and the surrounding Florida communities.
How Does Aging Affect a Woman’s Body?
It’s no secret that a woman’s body changes physically as she gets older. Let’s take a look at what happens on a chemical and hormonal level, so you can get a better idea of how the changes on a molecular level can affect you as a whole.
- A woman in her 20s
- In your twenties, you’re at your hormonal peak. With
your hormones at an all-time high in terms of productions and vitality, you have the world in the palm of your hand. Towards the end of your twenties, your hormones will hit ultimate production and start to decline.
- A woman in her 30s
- As you progress into your thirties, you’ll start to notice some subtle changes in your body. In addition to your fertility decreasing, you’ll start to notice your metabolism slows down. As estrogen levels slowly decrease, the collagen and elastin in your skin will start to diminish, causing mild signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles.
- A woman in her 40s
- During your forties, your menstrual cycle will become less predictable and you may start the stages of perimenopause. A more dramatic dip in your hormone levels may lead to a lower libido, more mood swings, and less lean muscle. You may also start to experience mild hot flashes and night sweats as a result of hormonal imbalance.
- A woman in her 50s and Beyond
- In your fifties, you’ll most likely experience menopause. With menopause may come a series of other unwanted side effects including fatigue and insomnia, brain fog, weight gain, and memory loss. Many of our patients come in with concerns they’re losing their minds, but we promise that it’s all part of the maturity process.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
How Does Aging Affect a Man's Body?
- A man in his 20s
- In your twenties, you’ll be at your hormonal and sexual peak. With a high influx of testosterone daily, your body is ready to go at a moment’s notice for anything that may come your way. Your testosterone production will likely peak in your late twenties, then start to decline.
- A man in his 30s
- In your thirties, you may begin to notice some changes with your physical appearance that aren’t too bothersome yet. Gaining weight and retaining body fat may become a little easier, while building muscle mass may become a little harder.
- A man in his 40s
- In your forties, your lower levels of testosterone may become more noticeable in your body and your emotional state. Your libido and body’s reliability to perform may start to decrease, while your irritability and mood swings start to increase. It is also common for men to experience trouble sleeping at this stage in life, which can bring about a lack of motivation to complete daily tasks.
- A man in his 50s and beyond
- In your fifties, you’ll likely experience the full effects of andropause. Like many others at this age, you may experience a complete lack of energy and motivation in addition to sudden brain fog and memory loss. While gaining weight has slowly crept up the past few years, it may have started to catch up with you now. While this may sound concerning, you’re not alone throughout this aging process.
How Can I Combat Signs of Aging?
Addressing your signs of aging should be done by treating them at a molecular level. This is why the professionals at Divine Laser & Spa are happy to offer a variety of bioidentical hormone replacement therapy treatments. Each bioidentical hormone therapy treatment is fully tailored to each patient based on the results of hormonal diagnostic testing done in-office by our wellness professionals. These therapy treatments allow our patients to transition into the next stages of their life without the hassle caused by hormonal imbalances. If you’re considering hormone replacement therapy and still have a lot of unanswered questions, please feel free to read through our Hormone Therapy FAQs and come in for a private consultation with one of our wellness experts.
Divine Laser & Anti-Aging MedSpa offers state-of-the-art non-surgical aesthetic and wellness treatments to patients who wish to enhance themselves from the inside-out. We are proud to provide our services to patients throughout Daytona Beach, Ormond Beach, Port Orange, New Smyrna Beach, and the surrounding communities. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation with one of our expert team members.