As we age, our bodies tend to go through a series of changes. At Divine Laser & Anti-Aging MedSpa, we want you to know you’re not alone in how you feel. The expert team members at Divine Laser & Anti-Aging MedSpa are proud to offer a comprehensive guide so you can understand how your body ages. We are happy to serve patients in Ormond Beach, Daytona Beach, Palm Coast, and the surrounding Florida communities.
Understanding Aging in Daytona Beach, FL
How Does Aging Affect a Woman's Body?
- A woman in her 20s
- In your twenties, you’re at your hormonal peak. With your hormones at an all-time high in terms of productions and vitality, you have the world in the palm of your hand. Towards the end of your twenties, your hormones will hit ultimate production and start to decline.
- A woman in her 30s
- As you progress into your thirties, you’ll start to notice some subtle changes in your body. In addition to your fertility decreasing, you’ll start to notice your metabolism slows down. As estrogen levels slowly decrease, the collagen and elastin in your skin will start to diminish, causing mild signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles.
- A woman in her 40s
- During your forties, your menstrual cycle will become less predictable and you may start the stages of perimenopause. A more dramatic dip in your hormone levels may lead to a lower libido, more mood swings, and less lean muscle. You may also start to experience mild hot flashes and night sweats as a result of hormonal imbalance.
- A woman in her 50s and Beyond
- In your fifties, you’ll most likely experience menopause. With menopause may come a series of other unwanted side effects including fatigue and insomnia, brain fog, weight gain, and memory loss. Many of our patients come in with concerns they’re losing their minds, but we promise that it’s all part of the maturity process.